Sunday, September 21, 2008

When all is said and done

I was in my local ABC Shop yesterday enquiring as to whether 'Time Team' was available on DVD (no - damn!), and you know how when you are just browsing and in a world of your own, suddenly the Muzak playing in the store can infiltrate your consciousness. And you think to yourself 'what on earth is that song?'

This happened to me. So I waddled over to the counter to look at the 'CD Now Playing' display.

Turns out I was listening to track 15 of the Mamma Mia Movie Soundtrack.

The song in question - "When All Is Said and Done" - is sung by Pierce Brosnan and Meryl Streep.

I thought the song was quite melodic in a strangely non-musical way, and I liked some of Mr Brosnan's phrasing. His singing voice has a rough edge to it. I know he is not known (or famous) for his singing voice, and it mightn't have the velvety smoothness of some well-known tenors, but I liked it enough to seriously consider buying the song from iTunes.

Actually, I think I will. Let me put it this way, I would rather listen to a whole CD of Pierce Brosnan than one track of Andrea Bocelli!

Here is the song in question - judge for yourself.

No comments: