Friday, September 12, 2008

B plus performance from Palin

I have just seen the first interview by Sarah Palin.

I thought she answered some tough and very wordy questions well, and even managed to throw in the names of the leaders of Iran and Georgia in giving her answers.


She is one impressive lady.

Her no-nonsense approach to Russia and Iran will scare the left witless, as they realise even more that she is no pushover. Those who have compared her to Margaret Thatcher aren't too far off the mark.

Some in the blogosphere said Palin looked nervous. She probably was, but I think a large part of her demeanour and how she came across is due to her chatty and informal persona - something which viewers are only getting a proper look at now.

Many have crticised Charlie Gibson for his questions and the manner and tone in which some of them were asked. To be fair, I cannot comment, as, being from another country, I have little to no experience of Mr Gibson. I will let others pass judgement on him.

A solid, rather than earth-shattering performance from Sarah Palin.


I look forward to the next round.

UPDATE

Having just seen a segment of Palin's interview on the evening news tonight, and with the benefit of a much larger and wider screen, clearer picture and no lip sync delay, I have to say I was even more impressed with her. I still give her a B+ though!



No comments: