Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Costello leads Turnbull

According to a Newspoll survey conducted for The Australian, Peter Costello is the preferred Liberal Party leader, over incumbent Malcolm Turnbull.

I won't post quotes from the statistically overladen article, as you would all fall asleep. But, for those of you who enjoy percentages, here is the link.

Costello has always been my choice for Leader of the Liberal Party. He was my choice about four years ago, but I digress.

Malcolm Turnbull is immensely capable, but I think the thing he lacks most is experience. This is beginning to show in that by now he should have put on the table what he and the Liberals would do to steer Australia out of this economic crisis.

After 11 years as Treasurer and four (I think) as shadow treasurer, Peter Costello has the runs on the board.

I have no inside information, but I think there will be a change in Liberal Party leadership before the end of the year, with phone calls beginning in earnest around the time of the May Budget...although, with the result of this poll today, I wouldn't be surprised if they have started already.

No comments: