Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My friends, I don't know who won the 2nd Presidential debate

Unfortunately I didn't see the debate, as I was in the car. But thankfully (probably not the most apt choice of words) ABC News Radio took it live off the dish from Nashville.

I don't know who won, and I don't care - because I don't think it's relevant. I mean, no one (at least, no one with a brain) will be voting on November 4, and asking themselves prior to voting, 'now gosh darn it, who won the second debate, 'cos that's who I'm gonna vote for.' It just doesn't happen like that.

But I will say this: John McCain's people need to have a very loud word in whichever ear he hears best out of, and tell him to can the expression 'my friends'. The first couple of times during the debate it was endearing and folksy, but, by the twenty-eighth time he used it, it just got grating, condescending, and left me thinking that he couldn't think of anything else to say.

At this point that's all I have to say!

No comments: