Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Americans give (our) Rove a job - they must be mad

Australian "comedian" (I use the word advisedly) Rove McManus, has apparently landed a gig on prime time US TV. I said it on November 4, and I'll say it again now: God help America. I might also add: what were they thinking?!

The fact that in Australia McManus is a multiple Logie (Emmy equivalent) award-winning personality, testifies more to the dearth of talent in the field of light entertainment in Australia, than it does to McManus' abilities.

Men's Style Australia magazine, in its October 2005 issue, commented on McManus' Aussie TV show at the time, Rove Live:
Variety at its vomitous nadir. Rove Live is big stars answering weak questions badly asked, strung together with charades, chintz and banal chiackery. A national embarrassment.
A resounding 'hear, hear' from me.

No comments: